The Vision Buddy television viewing system uses a virtual reality headset to allow a low vision user to see television programs more clearly, directly through the headset. This brings the television viewing directly in front of the user and may allow them to see the entire frame of their television program. Vision Buddy connects to your television, satellite, or streaming player using a simple plug and play connection and then streams the HD quality video directly into the headset using real time image correction. The video image can also be zoomed in or out for optimal viewing. No wifi or downloaded apps are needed to use Vision Buddy.
Vision Buddy also comes with OCR and digital magnifier modes. Using advanced OCR (optical character recognition,) Vision Buddy can take a snapshot of printed material and read aloud that scanned text, making print more accessible. The digital magnifier allows the user to view and magnify, in real time, people and objects around them, providing more clarity to things such as a friend’s face, a TV schedule, or a recent utility bill.
- 3 modes
- Television Viewing using real time image streaming and HD quality
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scan and play
- Digital magnifier, with up to 10X magnification
- 2 hour internal battery life, 5-6 hours usage with included external battery
- Colored indicator lights show remaining battery life
- Works with any cable or satellite box using HDMI connectivity
- 100 degree field of view within the headset
Product Manual Click here for product instructions
Product Video: Setting up the Streamer
Product Video: How to Charge the Vision Buddy