An atomic watch, also called a radio controlled watch, automatically checks the time and resets itself each day. This means that the watch automatically sets itself after a Daylight Savings Time change or after a battery replacement. The user must set the correct time zone manually, but after that act, no other setting actions are necessary to hear the time. This makes these watches particularly easy to use for a person with poor vision or weak hand coordination. In the case of poor radio reception or travel to a country where the radio signal is not present, the time can be set manually.
LS&S's new talking atomic watches come with a choice of silver or gold (model # 101163) toned cases and bands, and in ladies' or men's sizes, giving you lots of choices to find the best watch for your needs. Features of the silver watch shown here include:
- Male voice
- Talking time
- Talking date (month, day, and date)
- Talking alarm
- Optional hourly chime, from 6 AM to 10 PM
- Support for US Pacific, Mountain, Central and Eastern time zones
- Choice of Ladies' or Men's size
- Ladies face measures 1.1"; total with case is 1.4"
- Men's face measures 1.2"; total with case is 1.5"
- Brushed silver metal expansion (flex) band
- Bold black numbers on a white face; sweep second hand
- 1 CR2032 battery, included
Click here for the User Manual in PDF
Click here for the User Manual in Word
Please note, this watch should arrive in "sleep mode" to preserve battery life. Watch must be turned on prior to first use. Press and hold the 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds to activate the watch.