The Orbit Reader 40 is a unique 3-in-1 electronic braille device that serves as a self- contained note-taker, braille display, and book reader. It also can connect to a computer or smartphone via USB or Bluetooth. Supported systems and programs include Android, iOS, Windows, and Chrome. Simple but sturdy design features 40 eight-dot braille cells, eight braille input keys, audio and haptic output, cursor routing buttons, panning control rocker keys at the end of display, a USB C port for charging and communication, an SD-card slot, and a high-capacity rechargeable battery. It also has on board forward and backward translation with support for 40+ languages and all screen reading programs. On board apps include functions for a clock and alarm, a calendar, and a calculator. It can also be used to read and send emails, browse the internet, or control your smartphone or computer. Measures 11.6” x 3.8” x 1.3” and weighs 1.65 pounds. Rechargeable via USB C port, which also is used for updating.
- Panning control rocker keys at each end of the display
- Onboard forward and backward translation with support for 40+ languages
- Onboard apps for a clock and alarm, calendar and calculator
- Supports all languages and screen reading programs
- Measures 11.6 x 3.8 x 1.3 inches
- Weighs 1.65 pounds
- Rechargeable via USB C port, which also is used for updating.
For a comparison of all Orbit Braille devices, including the Orbit Readers and the Orbit Writer, click here